Monday, August 28, 2006

It's My Line

I've been putting off writing this update because I think it's just going to be so damn long. My only real motivation to actually put the time into writing this is so that the newest post in this blog isn't one that links to a video of six half-naked Japanese guys. In the same vein as that post though, I'm going to show you many many videos. These videos will also make you laugh, but the good news is that they will never creep you out...I hope.

In your continuing journey to learn more about me I've decided to share another tidbit. One of my favorite television shows is probably one of the (if not THE) funniest television shows ever. It involves 4 guys, and a rotating group of many others. These guys go by the name Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, and Wayne Brady. Some of the others that are great on the show are Chip Esten, Brad Sherwood, Greg Proops, Kathy Greenwood, Jeff Davis, and a few others. If you're television savvy at all, you'll know that the show in question is "Whose Line Is It Anyway?".

If you've never seen this show before, you've been missing out. Unfortunately, for the entire world, the show ended about 2 years ago due to poor ratings. This, however, was not the show's fault, but the network's (ABC). Originally the show aired on Thursdays at eight o'clock, a horrible time slot since it was against Friends on NBC. Still, the show crawled on and survived until it was moved to another time. Unfortunately, for the show, their time slot changed again and again and again. Anybody who liked the show had a hard time keeping up with the changing schedule and, hence, barely ever knew when it was on. The show finally settled on a Friday time slot, but it was too little, too late, and the show went under. Last year, ABC Family started running new episodes made of footage from the show's tapings that had never been seen before.

I'm not suggesting that you start watching the show regularly (which you can, every weekday on ABC Family at 10pm and 10:30pm), but I highly suggest that you watch a few clips from the show that I have compiled here. These clips are the best of the best that I could find. I'm sure there are amazingly funny bits of the show that I couldn't find, but I'm sure that you'll be pleased with what I did manage to get my hands on.

For your convienence, I've sorted the clips by the title of the various game they're playing. You're welcome.

MOVING PEOPLE
~ Lone Ranger and Tonto
~ With Richard Simmons

THREE-HEADED BROADWAY STAR
~ Lumberjacks In Love: Timber
~ Memorobilia: I Love Your Legwarmers

NARRATE
~ The Maltese Burger
~ The Cassabas of Melnar

PARTY QUIRKS
~ Colin's "Touching" Performance
~ Ryan's Best Moment

SCENE TO RAP
~ With Stephen Colbert

NEWSFLASH
~ Colin Behind Colin

SUPERHEROES
~ Captain Hair

WEIRD NEWSCASTERS
~ Jeff Davis' Christopher Walken Impression

SCENES FROM A HAT
~ Including "Unusual Times To Kiss People"

LET'S MAKE A DATE
~ Colin's Big Scene

SOUND EFFECTS
~ Amusement Park
~ Tarzan and Jane
~ Jurassic Park
~ Cops

HOLLYWOOD DIRECTOR
~ "Get The Fuck Off!"
~ With ROBIN WILLIAMS

SONG STYLES
~ The Village People (with backup)

IMMPROBABLE MISSION
~ Cleaning the Burnoose

QUICK CHANGE
~ Colin is Pregnant
~ Western Riverdance

DEAD BODIES
~ Charlie's Angels (and Colin's oopsie)


And finally, I want you to watch a clip from a short-run show called, "Drew Carey's Green Screen Show," which is very similar to Whose Line. The game they play in this clip is called "Freeze Tag" and is exclusive to the Green Screen Show. You'll catch on pretty quick and this clip is quite funny. Enjoy.

FREEZE TAG
~ Yoga Hurts


I'd like to thank YouTube.com for hosting all these videos and I want to thank the people who actually recorded and uploaded these videos. Now that that crap is out of the way, I hope you enjoyed watching them, however I know that many of you are probably reading this after only watching a few of the videos (yeah, I'm talking to YOU). If that's the case, then you suck. Plain and simple, you suck. It's not opinion, it's fact, you suck.

You suck.

Stop reading and go watch the videos again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home