Tuesday, January 24, 2006

National Holiday

The Flu Skirmish of 2006
- Outcome: Perhaps this “skirmish” is not as grand
of a battle as many previous, but still worth mentioning because it happened
recently and it’s the only date I’m sure I have right. For much time it was
unsure of whether the invading enemy was a simple flu or perhaps a more
dangerous foe, such as mononucleosis. The deciding outcome of the battle is not
yet clear as pockets of resistance still linger. My katana carrying friends are
gaining much ground very quickly and so I have no reason to doubt their
dominance on the battlefield once again.


That was my description for the current plague of my body. I called it a skirmish because it seemed to be going away at the time. This, however, was not the case. In fact, the nasty flu invaders were using blitzkrieg tactics against my white blood cell army.

For the past week and a half my white blood cell army has been fighting valiantly in this so called "skirmish". A few days ago I upgraded this event from "skirmish" to "war" and today I am happy to announce that the war has been won. To be sure this time I waited a few days to see if there would be a relapse, and there has not been. There may still exist pockets of resistance here and there, but nothing that can make any real impact on my body anymore.

Let us celebrate another grand victory!! Let January 23rd be considered a national holiday for all of the United States!!

Stop reading.

P.S. - assuming you haven't listened to me and continued to read, I'd like to say that I've written a short play for my playwriting class and I'm thinking about posting it here when I feel it's complete enough. It's called "Life Itself"...which really doesn't tell you anything about it and in fact that title isn't exactly etched in stone. You should keep checking back every hour until you see it. You can actually stop reading now.

- Rian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home